Wednesday 2 July 2014

Friendly Pest Control....so to speak!?

I have been growing a couple of chilli plants on my office window sill; a torpedo and a Lemon Drop variety.
Have a look at: www.chilli-shop.co.uk
I've noticed that the plants have been attracting Green Fly / aphids, and not wanting to use chemicals on my precious chilli plants, decided to employ a more natural and equally effective solution to these nuisance pests: Ladybirds, or should I say one Ladybird, transferred from the tree in the back garden....

Later the same day, the Ladybird laid eggs!

Complimenting this good fortune, I found a few Ladybird larvae and also put them onto the plants. They appear to be quite happy trundling over the plant in search of their quarry: aphids.


I think they may be helping to pollenate the plant, as they crawl over the flowers? Not a chemical in sight.



No comments:

Post a Comment