Saturday 10 May 2014

Bird Netting Installation

Picture this....me and colleague Tom, had made all the plans necessary to carry out a bird netting installation in Brighton. We even attended the site a day early to ensure that the scaffolders provided the safe access for our specific needs; in the knowledge that we would be using it the next day (weekend).

They promised, no problem...what a relief!

We turned up early the next day to find the scaffolding was partially completed?!! Ok. They didn't have enough boards and poles. Of course, you may think, they contacted me, as I am the customer, to tell me of this important situation....nope, nada, nothing! Not a peep! I communicate with my customers; when I will be on site, when I'll be back and so on. 

The boss guy told us, when we phoned from site, that his blokes phoned him at 5.30 on the Friday with this news. So why not let me know too? It just grinds your gears. Communication is key with your customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment